Customer Driven Audio-Visual Support
Founded in 1999 as “Geeks and Gurus,” our events team now works under the Conference Geeks brand. Despite the change in name we offer the same customer oriented service as always!
We’ve always provided high quality A/V expertise and use our experience to deliver a high level of customer service at all of our events. It is not just the time that we’ve been around that is impressive, though. Rather, our diverse background in the audio-visual industry is an important source of strength for our team.
We have worked as a sole A/V provider, as well as in partnerships with in-house and national A/V teams. Venues we service range from small conference rooms, to boutique hotels, to clubs and large convention centers. We also have experience hosting up to 25 simultaneous breakout sessions.
With 22 years of experience, Conference Geeks has assisted with conferences from 15 to 1,800 attendees, and we’re here to make events and meetings easier for clients!
Stephen J. Bodnar
As our president, Steve wears many hats. He is actively involved with our day-to day operations; has written software and websites for clients; and is heavily involved in every aspect of events.
Steve regularly speaks at developer user groups and conferences all over the country. In 2011, he had his first speaking opportunity at a non-developer conference at OrgPro 2011.
Steve started working as an independent in September 1999. He created Geeks and Gurus, LLC in 2000 and Geeks and Gurus, Inc. in 2001. Prior to that, Steve was the IT Manager for The Kresge Foundation and a Senior Developer for CompuTools, Inc, both located in Troy, Michigan.
He currently lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado with his wife and three boys.
Daniel J. Bodnar
DJ works on front-end and back-end aspects of the business. He is highly involved with event production, and utilizes previous experience to manage the various internal accounting aspects of the business.
Before joining Geeks and Gurus, DJ worked as a Controller and IT Manager fror BMT Aerospace (formerly Caratron Industries) in Fraser, Michigan, where he was involved with the implementation of a company-wide ERP system and the related process of obtaining ISO and QS certifications.
DJ attended Michigan Technological University where he received a BS in Accounting
- Customer Focused
- Attention to Detail
- Customer integration is the foundation of our service. Conference Geeks cultivates long term relationships with our clients and our loyalty to customers sets us apart from competitors. We have the care and resolve to build events that meet and surpass clients’ goals.
- Collaborative work is fundamental. We provide the expertise, but the most important aspect of our work is to bolster your vision.
- We thrive at small venues and large events. We love to focus on the details in small breakout rooms, but we have also served stages for hundreds of attendees. When creating stages for more than 500 attendees, we enjoy working with other A/V partners. This allows us to pay attention to details that other companies overlook. Whether you have a small conference, or need to service a number of smaller breakout rooms outside of your main stage, our expertise can help make any venue effective and memorable.
- Now, more than ever, the services we provide must adapt to rapidly changing environments. Whether they are in-person, remote, or hybrid experiences, we customize each event to fit the evolving needs of our clients.
- Our technical expertise is extensive and adaptable. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we shifted from in-person events to remote-technology services, allowing our clients to conduct events virtual. In rapidly changing landscapes we provide a combination of in-person and virtual services that allow customers to take advantage of all aspects of our expertise.